When you enroll in this 12-week course, you will learn practical skills on how to win a soul for Christ. You will learn how to engage people in meaningful conversations and to transition naturally into spiritual topics. You will discover simple and effective means to easily find Bible study contacts. You will learn how to write your own Bible study, how to give it, how to answer tough questions, and how to lead someone to make decisions for Christ. You will learn how to close the proverbial back door of the church by helping new members become active disciples for Jesus. And so much more!
The four instructors for this course are active and experienced soul-winners who bring their years of experience to help you avoid many common pitfalls in personal evangelism. You will be spiritually renewed and empowered to get to work as you take this course to become a fisher of men.
Pastor Mark Howard
Mark Howard is the director of the Emmanuel Institute of Evangelism, a school that specializes in training lay people for sharing the gospel. He currently pastors in Michigan with his lovely wife, Stephanie and their two children: Caleb and Annie.
Pastor Kameron DeVasher
Kameron DeVasher is a pastor in the Michigan conference. After graduating with a B.A. in Religious Education from Southern Adventist University in 2000, he spent seven years as the pastor and Bible teacher at Gem State Academy in Idaho before taking the call to Florida. He then moved to Michigan where he currently resides and pastors. He enjoys life with his wife, Emilie, and their two sons, Henry and Edward.
Pastor Wes Peppers
Wes Peppers currently service with It Is Written. He became a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian at the age of 22 after being an atheist/agnostic for several years. Soon after accepting Christ, quitting college football and a life of reckless living, he entered into full time ministry. He has served globally as an evangelist, speaker, and AFCOE teacher. A recent cancer survivor at age 28, he has a powerful testimony of God’s goodness and a renewed passion for His message. His greatest desire is to lead young people into a deeper, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and teach them how to share Him with others.
Pastor Jim Howard
Jim Howard is the Personal Ministries Director and Evangelism Coordinator and Adult Sabbath School directior for the Michigan Conference. Before entering the ministry, he graduated from the Ohio State University and had a 14-year career in corporate accounting, last serving as a Plant Controller for Worthington Cylinder Corporation. He began his pastoral ministry in Ohio in 2004 before accepting a call to join the Michigan pastoral team in 2007. Since coming to Michigan, Jim has served as the pastor of several churches, as District Superintendent, and as a member of the Conference Executive Committee and Training Center Churches
- Students will understand the Biblical model of the cycle of evangelism and all its components
- Students will be able to comfortably and tactfully converse with anyone
- Students will be able to transition from a secular to a spiritual conversation
- Students will identify and obtain Bible study interests
- Students will write their own Bible studies
- Students will give Bible studies to people they have reached
- Students will apply the science of leading a soul to make spiritual decisions
- Students will be able to confidently answer various objections
- Students will understand the importance of and proper process to prepare an individual for baptism
- Students will be introduced to tools and methods to disciple new members into soul winners
- Students will incorporate evangelism as a key aspect of their lifestyle